ALLERGY PREVENTION & TREATMENT
If you suffer from allergies, you know all too well about the itchy eyes, runny nose, sneezing, coughing and fatigue. These symptoms might be enough to make you see a doctor, but there are ways to control them and prevent flare-ups.
- Air purifiers are great for doing exactly that – purify the air. It acts as a cleaner which takes away pollen, dust, mold spores, dust mites, dander and other allergens that could cause a bad reaction. When was the last time you checked the filters in your air conditioning unit or air purifier? These need to be checked every 30 days and replaced on a regular basis.
- It’s also important to wash your bedding once a week to rid it of any bacteria and allergens that you may be accumulate while you sleep.
- Using a microfiber cloth to dust your home is a must. Other kinds of cloth don’t hold onto the dust as well which allows them to move freely back into the air.
- Sometimes it’s nice to get fresh air into your house, but when you open the windows you are also opening a freeway for allergens to seep inside. Try using your air conditioning more often to keep the allergies away.
- Does your vacuum have a HEPA filter? It’s recommended because it will trap extremely small particles that move freely in the air.
- Allergy sufferers are also urged to take over-the-counter allergy medicines such as antihistamines and decongestants. Both of these medicines will reduce allergy-related inflammation and nasal congestion.
If, after performing all these steps, you cannot find relief from your allergies, you may want to come to one of the five Midwest Express Clinic locations. We are conveniently located in Blue Island, IL; Willowbrook, IL; Schererville, IN; and Munster, IN. Our clinics are open seven days a week from 9:00 am – 9:00 pm.
OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK
Locations & Directions