8:00 am – 8:00 pm Monday-Friday
8:00 am – 6:00 pm Saturday-Sunday
- 3D/4D Ultrasounds
- Abdominal Pain
- Abscess & Cysts
- Athlete’s Foot
- Biometric Screening
- Bronchitis & Pneumonia
- Bug Bites
- Cardiovascular Health
- Cold & Cough
- COVID-19 Antibody Testing
- Cuts & Scrapes
- Diabetes Care
- Drug Testing
- Ear Infections
- Ear Irrigation
- Flu Shots
- Flu Treatment
- Food Poisoning
- Foreign Body Removal
- Fractures & Dislocations
- Functional Medicine
- Gender Reveal Ultrasounds
- Hand, Foot, Mouth
- Headaches & Migraines
- Hemorrhoid Treatment
- In-House Mono Test & Treatment
- Jock Itch
- Laceration Repair
- Lipo-B Injections
- Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea
- Pap Smear
- Pink Eye
- Pregnancy Testing
- Prep Treatment
- Preoperative Clearance Examination
- Rapid Strep
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)
- School, Sports, & Camp Physicals
- Skin Tag Removal
- Sore Throat
- Sprains & Strains
- STD Testing
- Tetanus Vaccines
- Tick Removal
- Tuberculosis Testing
- Upper Respiratory Infection
- Urinary Tract Infection
- VA Urgent Care Provider
- Vitamin B-12 Injections
- Wart Removal
- Wellness & Employment Physicals
- Affordable and Quality Care: Midwest Express Clinic offers accessible healthcare for all, whether insured or not. Our clinics combine the efficiency of urgent care with the attentiveness of primary care.
- Self-Pay Patients: We recognize not everyone has insurance. Thus, we provide affordable self-pay rates for all services. Inquire at the reception for specifics.
- Patients with Insurance: Bring your insurance card and a valid ID. We bill insurance directly. The co-pay depends on your plan. If you have secondary insurance, ensure you bring those details too.
- Accepted Insurance: We have a comprehensive list of insurances we accept, including specific Medicaid plans and workers comp insurances. View our full accepted insurance list. If unsure, call your insurance provider or contact us. HMO Plan holders should verify with their insurers.
- Not Accepted: In Illinois, we don’t accept Department of Labor, BCBS anthem HMO, and out-of-state Medicaid other than IL. In Indiana, exclusions include Department of Labor, MDWise, St Catherine’s/St Margaret’s, CountyCare, BCBS anthem HMO, BCBS Community options (only seen in Illinois), and out-of-state Medicaid other than IL/IN.
Urgent Care or ER?
Learn how to know the difference between ailments that can be treated at MEC and what requires emergency attention.
Right in River North.
Midwest Express Clinic brings quality healthcare with heart to the River North community. Our goal is to ensure every patient receives personalized, attentive care when visiting for any of our services, whether urgent care, primary care, lab testing, or x-rays. We accept most major insurances including Medicaid, Cigna, Medicare, United Health Care, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, and more.
Our experienced providers are excited to be a part of the River North community and the city of Chicago.
ATTENTION PATIENT: Please call ahead for our x-ray availability.
We were from out state visiting and my baby got acutely sick on our trip. They took us in right away and got her diagnosis. They were so accommodating helping us find the right pharmacy since we didn’t know of any since we don’t live here and helped find the best medication that could suite our needs with travel. Everyone from the front desk, nurse, and doctor treated us so well.
Fast, friendly and efficient! Although I didn’t make an online appointment, the wait was not very long. The facilities were clean and spacious. And the staff here are very friendly yet professional. I was in and out and on my way to feeling better the next day. Would certainly go back if needed.
They are always super friendly and efficient at this location! I fainted in their lobby today, and they were so sweet to me. They made the scary experience a lot better. I highly recommend this location!
Proud members of the River North community
We care for the community in River North! Since opening, we have had the opportunity to support various events in the community that include:
MS Walk at Soldier Field (Multiple Sclerosis awareness)
Sonny Parker Unity Classic sponsorship (mentoring and empowerment in sports)
Edgewater volunteering with Care For Friends (meal preparation, hygiene supplies, and coordination)
Chicago Build Expo participation (Workplace Wellness program showcase in October 2023)
River North, Chicago, IL Midwest Express Clinic Urgent Care:
- 219 W Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60654 (Directions)
- With convenient hours: (Check In Now) From 8:00 am – 8:00 pm Monday-Friday and 8:00 am – 6:00 pm Saturday-Sunday.
- For assistance over the phone: please call us at 312-878-1945.