Skin Tag Removal
Facts about Skin Tags
- Skin tags are harmless and painless
- Skin tags can be found on your eyelids, neck, armpit(s), chest or the groin and buttocks area
- 1 to 100 skin tags can exist on a person at once
- Obese people tend to have more skin tags than healthy weight people
Skin tags are soft, small growths on the skin that usually develop in skin folds or areas affected by skin on skin rubbing. These growths have the same color as the surrounding skin and develop with age, which is why they are more prevalent in older people than younger ones. Pregnant women may have an increased chance of developing skin tags because of their hormone levels.
They are benign and have no other accompanying symptoms. Although skin growths generally do not cause any health concerns, they can be undesirable-looking and a patient may want to get them removed.
FAQs about Skin Tag Removal
- Does removing a skin tag increase my chances for more skin tags to grow in that area?
A. While there is no evidence that skin tag growth will increase at the removal site, certain people are more prone to skin tag growth.
- Is a skin tag cancerous or tumorous?
A. No. However, if it bleeds, grows or reveals multiple colors, this may be skin cancer and not a skin tag.
- Can I get a skin tag from someone else?
A. No, skin tags are not contagious.
- Is skin tag removal covered by insurance?
A. We recommend checking with your insurance provider first, as most will view this procedure as cosmetic, so it will often be self-pay. Please note, we now accept Medicaid.
- I accidentally shaved my skin tag off. Is that okay?
A. Yes. If the area bleeds apply pressure until it stops bleeding.
At Midwest Express Clinic urgent care, we have the tools, skills, and experience to remove skin tags so you can feel beautiful. No appointment is necessary to get rid of skin tags at any of our six Midwest Express Clinic locations.
Our walk-in clinics are conveniently located in Blue Island, IL; Willowbrook, IL; Bourbonnais, IL*; Schererville, IN; Munster, IN; & Hammond, IN. We are open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.; no appointment is necessary.
*Our Bourbonnais, IL location is open Mon – Fri from 9am – 5pm.
OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK
*Bourbonnais, IL Open