8:00 am – 8:00 pm Monday-Friday
8:00 am – 6:00 pm Saturday-Sunday
- Abdominal Pain
- Abscess & Cysts
- Athlete’s Foot
- Biometric Screening
- Bronchitis & Pneumonia
- Bug Bites
- Cardiovascular Health
- Cold & Cough
- COVID-19 Antibody Testing
- Cuts & Scrapes
- Diabetes Care
- Drug Testing
- Ear Infections
- Ear Irrigation
- Flu Shots
- Flu Treatment
- Food Poisoning
- Foreign Body Removal
- Fractures & Dislocations
- Functional Medicine
- Hand, Foot, Mouth
- Headaches & Migraines
- Hemorrhoid Treatment
- In-House Mono Test & Treatment
- Jock Itch
- Laceration Repair
- Lipo-B Injections
- Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea
- Pap Smear
- Pink Eye
- Pregnancy Testing
- Prep Treatment
- Preoperative Clearance Examination
- Rapid Strep
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)
- School, Sports, & Camp Physicals
- Skin Tag Removal
- Sore Throat
- Sprains & Strains
- STD Testing
- Tetanus Vaccines
- Tick Removal
- Tuberculosis Testing
- Upper Respiratory Infection
- Urinary Tract Infection
- VA Urgent Care Provider
- Vitamin B-12 Injections
- Wart Removal
- Wellness & Employment Physicals
- Affordable and Quality Care: Midwest Express Clinic offers accessible healthcare for all, whether insured or not. Our clinics combine the efficiency of urgent care with the attentiveness of primary care.
- Self-Pay Patients: We recognize not everyone has insurance. Thus, we provide affordable self-pay rates for all services. Inquire at the reception for specifics.
- Patients with Insurance: Bring your insurance card and a valid ID. We bill insurance directly. The co-pay depends on your plan. If you have secondary insurance, ensure you bring those details too.
- Accepted Insurance: We have a comprehensive list of insurances we accept, including specific Medicaid plans and workers comp insurances. View our full accepted insurance list. If unsure, call your insurance provider or contact us. HMO Plan holders should verify with their insurers.
- Not Accepted: Exclusions include Department of Labor, MDWise, St Catherine’s/St Margaret’s, CountyCare, BCBS anthem HMO, BCBS Community options (only seen in Illinois), and out-of-state Medicaid other than IL/IN.
Urgent Care or ER?
Learn how to know the difference between ailments that can be treated at MEC and what requires emergency attention.
Right in Michigan City.
Midwest Express Clinic urgent care is proud to continue providing excellent medical care to the community of Michigan City, Indiana. We accept most major insurances including Medicaid, Cigna, Medicare, United Health Care and more! Our providers offer years of experience and truly enjoy helping the Michigan City community.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you take walk-ins?
Yes, we do, we’re open 7 days a week. Our hours of operation are Monday - Friday 8 am - 8 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 8 am - 6 pm.
How long is the wait?
Typical wait time varies depending on locations, most patients are in and out within an hour.
Where are you located?
We have 35+ convenient locations throughout Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana.
What are your hours of operation?
We’re open 7 days a week. Our hours of operation are Monday - Friday 8 am - 8 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 8 am - 6 pm.
Do I need an appointment?
No, but we do suggest you check-in online to save you time when you arrive at the clinic.
What insurance do you accept?
We accept a wide range of insurance, to view a full list of accepted insurance, click here.
What services do you offer?
We offer 65+ services that range from pediatric care to flu testing. For more information check out our services page.
Do you offer COVID testing?
Yes, we do, for additional information, check out our COVID page.
What pediatric services do you offer?
We offer a variety of services for our pediatric services, they include and are not limited to allergy relief, cold and cough, rashes, hand, foot, and mouth, and school and sports physicals. For a full list of pediatric services, click here.
Can I come into the clinic without an appointment?
Yes, you can walk-ins are welcome at any time Monday - Friday between 8 am and 8 pm and Saturday and Sunday between 8 am - 6 pm.
How do I get to your clinic?
We offer directions to all 35+ locations, you can access them on our locations page by clicking on the location you’re looking for. For a full list of locations, click here.
Every single person from check-in, to “triage” nurse to the doctor (or NP) was extremely pleasant. Their bedside manner was exceptional and everyone was so caring. If I ever need a future urgent care visit I will definitely come back to this location.
This place is wonderful. From my initial phone inquiry to the end of my visit, every staff member was friendly, helpful, and compassionate. The facility is immaculate. Was so pleased to learn as a veteran this clinic is available to me as urgent care and will definitely recommend it to everyone I know.
The entire staff was excellent! They got us right back, and the N.P., Dee, was thorough, quick, and efficient- without feeling like were rushed out the door. The whole staff have a wonderful bedside manner. I would highly recommend visiting this clinic & I don’t typically care very much for Quick Care Clinics… so that’s saying a lot!
Proud members of the Michigan City community
We care for the community in Michigan City and are proud members of the Chamber of Commerce. Our clinic also volunteered on Mother’s Day 2023 with Girls On The Run running the fun zone! The community and NWI Times have given us the honor of being voted Best Urgent Care for four consecutive years: 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023.