8:00 am – 8:00 pm Monday-Friday
8:00 am – 6:00 pm Saturday-Sunday
- Abdominal Pain
- Abscess & Cysts
- Athlete’s Foot
- Biometric Screening
- Bronchitis & Pneumonia
- Bug Bites
- Cardiovascular Health
- Cold & Cough
- COVID-19 Antibody Testing
- Cuts & Scrapes
- Diabetes Care
- Drug Testing
- Ear Infections
- Ear Irrigation
- Flu Shots
- Flu Treatment
- Food Poisoning
- Foreign Body Removal
- Fractures & Dislocations
- Functional Medicine
- Hand, Foot, Mouth
- Headaches & Migraines
- Hemorrhoid Treatment
- In-House Mono Test & Treatment
- Jock Itch
- Laceration Repair
- Lipo-B Injections
- Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea
- Pap Smear
- Pink Eye
- Pregnancy Testing
- Prep Treatment
- Preoperative Clearance Examination
- Rapid Strep
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)
- School, Sports, & Camp Physicals
- Skin Tag Removal
- Sore Throat
- Sprains & Strains
- STD Testing
- Tetanus Vaccines
- Tick Removal
- Tuberculosis Testing
- Upper Respiratory Infection
- Urinary Tract Infection
- VA Urgent Care Provider
- Vitamin B-12 Injections
- Wart Removal
- Wellness & Employment Physicals
- Affordable and Quality Care: Midwest Express Clinic offers accessible healthcare for all, whether insured or not. Our clinics combine the efficiency of urgent care with the attentiveness of primary care.
- Self-Pay Patients: We recognize not everyone has insurance. Thus, we provide affordable self-pay rates for all services. Inquire at the reception for specifics.
- Patients with Insurance: Bring your insurance card and a valid ID. We bill insurance directly. The co-pay depends on your plan. If you have secondary insurance, ensure you bring those details too.
- Accepted Insurance: We have a comprehensive list of insurances we accept, including specific Medicaid plans and workers comp insurances. View our full accepted insurance list. If unsure, call your insurance provider or contact us. HMO Plan holders should verify with their insurers.
- Not Accepted: Exclusions include Department of Labor, MDWise, St Catherine’s/St Margaret’s, CountyCare, BCBS anthem HMO, BCBS Community options (only seen in Illinois), and out-of-state Medicaid other than IL/IN.
Urgent Care or ER?
Learn how to know the difference between ailments that can be treated at MEC and what requires emergency attention.
Right in Portage.
Midwest Express Clinic urgent care is proud to provide excellent medical care with experienced providers to the community of Portage, Indiana. We accept most major insurances including Medicaid, Cigna, Medicare, United Health Care and more! Our providers offer years of experience and truly enjoy helping the Portage community.
I’ve been here several times & it’s always a great experience! Last night I came in with my son an hour before they closed & everyone was wonderful. They all had smiles & were cheery!! It was just a fabulous atmosphere! We will definitely continue going there. Keep up the good job!!
I took my dad for a B12 shot. He is elderly and they offered to come out to the car to give him his shot to make it easier. Fantastic gesture and such kind staff! I received one too, and it was quick and easy. I will definitely be going back each month.
My kids needed sports physicals. I had limited time due to our crazy schedules, and they were quick and incredibly helpful! I had trouble checking in online… they quickly resolved that at the front desk. I forgot to bring the physical forms…the front desk found them online and printed them for me! The front desk, nurses, and doctors were exceptional.
Proud members of the Portage community
We care for the community in Munster! Since our opening, we’ve had the privilege of sponsoring Munster’s Night Out Against Crime supporting our law enforcement and firefighters. The community and NWI Times have given us the honor of being voted Best Urgent Care for four consecutive years: 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023.
Portage, IN Midwest Express Clinic
- 6131 US-6, Portage, IN 46368 (Directions)
- With convenient hours (Check In Now) From 8:00 am – 8:00 pm Monday-Friday and 8:00 am – 6:00 pm Saturday-Sunday.
- For assistance over the phone, please call us at 219-841-9788.