Schedule A New Year Wellness Exam
Making resolutions for the new year is a common tradition for many. If you have been thinking about starting an exercise program or modifying your eating habits, be sure to talk to your doctor first. A new year wellness exam is the first step in finding out about any changes to your health. This annual exam can help you and your family start the new year by checking up on your health .
Prepare for your visit
Seeing a doctor for a new year wellness exam is an opportunity to ask any questions you may be having about your current health. Before your visit, be sure to plan ahead and bring any information that can help you and your doctor at your visit.
- Make a list. Write down anything you have noticed that could be related to your health. This list is a helpful reminder of anything you have noticed over the past year, no matter how minor it may seem.
- Family history. Talk to your doctor about any recent health issues that close relatives are experiencing. Depending on the condition, your doctor may suggest an additional screening or tests to detect any possible risk.
- Know your medications. Be sure to discuss prescriptions or over-the-counter medications you are taking, including any vitamins or supplements.
Your doctor provides a physical exam to check your overall health. It includes paying attention to the look of your skin, how you walk and your ability to hold a conversation. These outside clues can suggest possible changes in how your body is working. Your doctor will also check other vital signs at your wellness exam.
- Listening closely. Your doctor will use a stethoscope to check your heart and lungs for any variations in heartbeat or breathing.
- Feeling for irregularities. Lightly touching your abdomen can help your doctor detect any tenderness or developing lumps.
- Evaluating other functions. By checking your head, neck and other areas, gives your doctor more details about your current health.
Focus on health
Seeing your doctor for an annual wellness checkup helps you stay updated about your health throughout the year. Your visit can reveal health changes you may or may not have noticed. This exam also a chance to find out if you need any vaccinations, lab tests or screenings. Preventing possible issues is important, so be sure to make this the year you pay attention to your health!
Midwest Express Clinic is proud to provide new year wellness exams for you and your family. Our team of medical professionals offer thorough medical exams, and our on-site lab services can help with additional screenings. We are available for walk-in visits, or you can schedule an appointment for a time that is convenient at a location near you.